The FUTEBOL open call for experimentation has arrived! With this, selected experimenters will receive support to conduct their research using the FUTEBOL integrated infrastructure for converged optical/wireless networks.
The overall objective of the FUTEBOL project is to develop and deploy research infrastructure, and an associated control framework for experimentation in Europe and Brazil, that enables experimental research at the convergence point between optical and wireless networks. The infrastructure and control framework created in FUTEBOL is federated according to principles developed in the FIRE program and provides testbeds in the Brazil and Europe, interconnected through the infrastructure deployed by the FIBRE project.
Our Testbeds provide infrastructure to perform experiments using a number of communication technologies and paradigms, such as:
- Optical and wireless network virtualization: C-RAN, NFV, SDN;
- Quality of service and quality of experience in optical and wireless networks;
- Internet of Things;
- 4G and 5G networks, and their relation with the optical core;
- Licensed Shared Access (LSA).
This Open Call is addressed to anyone interested (researchers, students, industry) to use the methodologies and tools that have been developed within the FUTEBOL project, in order to conduct original research in networking and telecommunications, especially in the integration of optical and wireless technologies.
The main dates for this Open Call are listed as follows:
- Publication of this call: August 31st, 2017
- Proposal submission cutoff date: November 1st, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: November 25th, 2017
- Submission of the final project report: October 1st, 2018